When done correctly, the Moms On Call swaddle technique will calm and soothe a fussy baby within minutes.
- The Moms On Call Swaddle Blanket was specifically designed with flannel fabric to provide exactly the right amount of elasticity.
- The blanket is a 44-by-44 inch square and will accommodate babies up to 3 months of age and 16 pounds.
- The MOC swaddling technique wraps around the baby and holds the baby’s arms securely in a comfortable position without having to depend on the baby’s body weight to keep the swaddle in place. Watch this video to learn the MOC swaddling technique, which provides the three essential elements pediatric nurses and doctors know must be in place for babies to rest safely and comfortably:
- There is plenty of room near the lungs so the baby can breathe comfortably.
- It keeps the baby’s arms secure by applying the tightness only around the level of the elbows. This imitates your warm embrace and keeps the startle reflex from jerking those arms around and waking them up or frustrating them.
- It allows the baby’s legs to move freely so the hip joints mature properly.